Saturday, January 10, 2009

Working Again

A few days off and I am eager to get writing again. One thing that True20 has not done well to this point is Narrator advice. There's almost no guidance at all on how to outline a story, how to get the players interested, how to create and preserve suspense, and how to build to a satisfying climax. I look forward to doing some of this for AL!, using as a framework what I call "Whedonisms," elements of Joss Whedon television like Buffy, Angel and Firefly. If anyone out there wants to speak up about the kind of stories you think Whedon tells, speak up.

In other news, my Sunday 4E game has resumed after a too-long holiday break, and I'm very glad to be introducing a couple of new players to the team.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, Whedonisms. See, my problem here is that I have little to no knowledge about the Buffy and Angel-verse, save that I didn't really care for them. It's a bit of a paradox since I'm a huge fan of Firefly/Serenity. I just could never get past the whole cute blonde cheerleader thing.
    Two things that do come to mind is humor and unexpected demise. I think the starkest example of this in Firefly is the torture scene. It had me laughing out loud and cringing in a corner simultaneously. Not sure that's what you're looking for as an answer though, boss! I shall try and think of more/better? :D

    ReplyDelete