Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Dan Abnett

Last month I had the very good fortune, along with Mike Lafferty, to interview Dan Abnett as part of the Vigilance Press podcast. In particular, I wanted to ask Dan about his portrayal of women in comics, since he had been assigned both the Wonder Woman and Lois Lane characters for Flashpoint. Also, Dan has some great insights on collaboration in comics, something I have always wanted to be better at.

But I made a classic interview error: I forgot to look up the subject's bibliography before the interview, or else I would have remembered that Dan also wrote Knights of Pendragon, which is one of the most interesting of the neo-Arthurian comics and the subject of several pages in my upcoming book, "Superheroes of the Round Table: Comics Connections to Medieval and Renaissance Literature". I can't believe I missed my chance to ask Dan about that book!

You can listen to the interview here.

3 comments:

  1. Dan Abnett is one of my favorite authors, especially when it comes to cosmic heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,

    Thanks for the head's up. Too bad you forgot about KoP.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. talking with Abnett about another interview dealing with his role in the rebooted DCU. We'll definitely have you back to co-host if that happens

    ReplyDelete